Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

because we can can can!

i know what you're thinking, "two writer's workshops in a row?!" but another one of the prompts caught my attention so i had to do it!

Mama's Losin' It

Open your pictures folder...find a random "February" picture from a past year and tell a story.

i have some fantastic february pictures. seriously, it seems that i have the most fun in february and march. who knew? for example, my favorite day was a day in february. and one of my favorite sunday fundays happened in february last year. but those days have already been covered! this wasn't exactly random, i didn't close my eyes and move my cursor onto a picture but...i bring you a picture from february 2005:


one of my best friends from high school was going to school at loyala new orleans and, her senior year, i decided to go visit during mardi gras. it was kind of a last minute decision. i flew there on a thursday, and alison and i drove back on monday. i woke up thursday morning feeling like complete death. i managed to be seen by my doctor, who prescribed a z-pack and some cough syrup with codeine. my flight was in the evening so i didn't get into new orleans until pretty late. we ate some dinner and then went to bed. i felt TONS better when i woke up on friday morning. 

i would be lying if i said that the rest of the weekend was a clear picture in my head. we did a lot of drinking and standing around but it was so much fun! some friends of alison's lived about a block off the parade route so we all used their house as our headquarters. we could go back there to use the bathroom and make fresh drinks as often as we wanted. it was pretty fantastic. one of my favorite moments from that weekend was during a movie themed parade, we saw one that said something like, "we drink because we can can can!" (from moulin rouge) i'm pretty sure we wore than one out for the next couple of days!

that picture was taken on friday evening and it features 2 of my favorite items i caught from parade floats. one, a beanie baby goat. yeah, i don't know either. two, a plastic beer mug hanging from purple beads. in fact, i will leave you with a bonus picture because i'm so generous:


god, i was so young in those pictures! it's hard to believe that 5 years have passed since that weekend. where does the time go? 

1 comment:

Cajoh said...

Stopping by from Mama Kat's…

The mini mug reminds me of my wife's idea of having a mini meal. She wants to make tiny burgers and tiny hot dogs and have all things small.

Once I had a cold and the cure was to go out drinking. Makes you wonder why they put alcohol in cough medicine.

Thanks for sharing,