Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

the verdict is in

i have fibromyalgia. 

that's the second time i've typed that since i found out and it still doesn't feel real. even though i was fairly certain that i had it, finding out for sure is really weird. my current treatment plan is to work on my sleep (not sleeping makes this disease 1000 worse) and cut out the foods mentioned in this post. i'm already looking into acupuncture and will also be looking into aquatic therapy. i feel relieved to finally know what's wrong with me but also bummed at the same time. 

don't be surprised if you don't see much of me this summer. heat is terrible for people with fibromyalgia so i'll likely be doing a lot of hibernating. please invite me to places with kick ass air conditioning systems. and please be understanding if i cancel plans, it's not that i don't want to see you, i just feel like shit.

also, i have been advised by my doctor to get a new job, preferably in a low-stress office environment. if you can help me with that i would love you forever! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Stef. Like you said, it's great you finally know what's wrong. Those dietary limitations really suck, but I know you can get around them. Have you tried cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes? Plantains too, as they have the same texture as potatoes. Love you lots, lady. <3

Cecily said...

I will cook you anything (ANYTHING) in an attempt to figure out what foods you like/can tolerate.