Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

red velvet, if you please

i don't really give a rat's ass about valentine's day but i do love this picture of me and my best friend. it was taken on one of my favorite days 3 years ago, a few days before valentine's day. i don't exactly remember why but we were feeding each other red velvet cake.


speaking of red velvet cake, i made paula deen's red velvet cake recipe today. instead of cupcakes i made a 2 layer round 9" cake. a couple of things, after reading many of the comments i decided to cut 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and add 1/2 cup of buttermilk. also, the recipe for the frosting basically made twice the amount of frosting i needed for my cake. it was pretty delicious. i'm definitely adding the recipe to my recipe book to be used again in the future.

No comments: