Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

sweat it out, sweat it out

i took the most amazing bath this weekend. that might sound totally weird and/or creepy but i don't care. let me preface this by saying that i've been taking relaxation baths a few times a week for about a year now. that bath is 2 cups of epsom salt, a cup of buttermilk, and a few drops of lavender oil. it's great. it really does help me relax and it helps with all the muscle pain and cramps that i get (especially in the summertime). well this new bath is a detoxifying bath that includes all the previous ingredients with the addition of about a tablespoon of baking soda and a coule of tablespoons of freshly shaved ginger root. i ran the bath as hot as i could possibly stand it, turned on some blind pilot, grabbed my kindle, and sat in the tub for 30+ minutes. 

i can't really describe what it felt like but i cannot recommend it highly enough. i've only been in a sauna once and i hated it because i couldn't breathe. i have this weird thing where i hate/can't breathe in really hot air. like, when the heater is on in the car i have to roll down my window to feel like i can catch my breath. anyway, this ginger bath made me sweat like i was in a sauna. my eyebrows were sweating! i ended up having to put my kindle down about 20 minutes in because i was getting super light headed and i didn't want to end up dropping it in the water or something. 

i felt absolutely amazing, albiet sweaty, afterwards. i added more lavender than i normally do and i think that plus the detoxing helped temporarily reduce this giant knot i have on the back of my neck. it would be wonderful maybe i continue these baths and the knot is reduced permanently. don't even get me started on this thing either, it's the worst. i've already been to the doctor about it twice this summer. ugh, whatever. anyway, this bath was a great way to cleanse myself of the drinks i had friday night before and during the blind pilot show! 

No comments: